Note: We have seen in some forums that customers unlocking the boot loader on their phones have experienced problems when they accept a FOTA (Firmware upgrade Over The Air) update. The issue has been reproduced and we are working on a solution. For customers that have unlocked the boot loader please do not accept the Firmware upgrade
1. Click Continue at the bottom of this page to start the unlock boot loader process.
2. Read through the information in the pop up window and click Yes, I’m sure.
3. Read through and accept the legal terms. Click Accept.
4. Enter you name, email address and the first 14 digits (remove the last digit)
of your phone’s IMEI number in the input box. Click Submit. You can view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone.
5.The unlock boot loader key is displayed. Write down and save the key for later use.
6. Download and install the latest Android SDK from developer.android.com.
6. 下載並安裝從 developer.android.com. 最新的Android SDK。
7. Go to unlockbootloader.Sonyericsson.com/downloadinf.zip in your web browser and download a zip file containing the android_winusb.inf-file. This is the standard Android file, with a few lines of code added to enable Fastboot to support Sony Ericsson devices.
10. Push and hold the unlock button* on your phone at the same time as you connect the phone to the computer with a USB-cable. See the note in the bottom of the page for information on what button to hold while connecting your phone to a computer.
11. You will now be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver-folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Bootloader Interface-file. If you are not asked for drivers, and your phone starts to boot as usual, it is not possible to unlock the boot loader on your phone.
Note! If Fastboot displays <waiting for device>, check the host for USB device status. If any unknown devices are present, then check the driver installation. If your phone boots as normal and Fastboot is not starting, even though the USB drivers are working, the boot loader on your phone CANNOT be unlocked.
14. Warning! If you perform this step, you will unlock the boot loader and which may void your warranty. If you want to unlock the boot loader of your phone, enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY, where KEY is the unlock boot loader key you got from the Unlock boot loader web page. You have now successfully unlocked the boot loader in your phone.
You will now start to unlock the boot loader of your phone. By doing this you may void the warranty of your phone. Sony Ericsson can then no longer guarantee the full functionality of your phone, and will not be responsible any malfunctions in your phone, or material damages or personal injuries caused by your phone.
Enter your name, email address and the first 14 digits (remove the last digit) of your phone’s IMEI number. You can view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone. It is currently not possible unlock the boot loader for CDMA phones.